Days out: 14
Shows played: 11
States driven through: 24 (MD, PA, WV, OH, IL, IA, NE, CO, WY, UT, ID, OR, WA, CA, AZ, NM, TX, LA, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC, VA)
Number of states I hadn't been to before: 5
Miles driven: 7,493
Longest single trip: Laramie, WY to Issaquah, WA (about 1,100 miles in 19 hours and 22 minutes - insane)
Avg price of gas: $4.11 per gallon (low $3.72, high $4.51)
Tour nickname: "The Wrath of God Tour"
Why: Tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, lightning, forest fires, high crosswinds, dust storms, tumbleweeds and torrential downpours.
Best show: Hemlock Tavern, San Francisco, CA, 7/2/2008
Best hangout: Glynnis and Angelo at The Towne Lounge in Portland, OR (home of the five dollar PBR horsecock)
Best eats (in no particular order):
- Breakfast burrito at the Santa Fe Trail Southwest Grill in Rock Springs, WY
- Huevos rancheros at the Old Curtis Street Bar in Denver, CO
- Prawns satay at Tamarind Tree in Seattle, WA
- Drunken noodles at Thaicoon in Marietta, GA
- Thai Spice ice cream at Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams in Columbus, OH
- Migas at Esparza's Tex Mex Cafe in Portland, OR
- Mexican Coca-Cola in a 12oz glass bottle (found at a gas station in SC). Made with sugar, not corn syrup. Ambrosia.